Our PTO Board NEEDS You! We know it's a very odd year and the last thing you're thinking of is volunteering. However, if we don't have a PTO Board in place before the end of the school year, we'll be unable to plan the programming you've come to know and love.
As described in our Friday Features since the end of April, most of our current board is 3rd and 4th grade parents so we have MANY board positions open. The ideal situation is that they are available to mentor you into a new role while they're still around and can show you the ropes.
Open positions and a brief description of responsibilities are as follows::
- 2 Co-Presidents - responsible for planning the PTO calendar with the Principal and establishing the annual PTO budget with the Treasurer. Presides at all meetings. Coordinates with committee chairs for events to ensure planning is on track. URGENT NEED - NO CANDIDATES
- 1 Co-Vice President - serves in the President's absence. Coordinates classroom parents and teacher grant programs. 1 CANDIDATE NOMINATED TO DATE
- 2 Co-Corresponding Secretaries - Submits facilities use requests for events once calendar is approved. Purchases and distributes Sunshine gifts for special events such as births, marriages, illness, deaths, or special awards for staff members. Maintains scrapbook. URGENT NEED - NO CANDIDATES
- 1 Co-Recording Secretary - Keeps minutes of all meetings. 1 CANDIDATE NOMINATED TO DATE
- 1 Co-Treasurer - splits duties with other co-treasurer to maintain financial records, deposit funds at the bank, write checks, and ensure the PTO finances are healthy. URGENT NEED - NO CANDIDATES
Full details for each role's duties are further described in our PTO By-Laws on our PTO website. Our nominating committee will be soliciting nominations until May 22. Board elections will be conducted at our June PTO meeting, with specific timing to be updated based on school schedules.
If you'd like to run (or re-run) for one of these open positions or have further questions about what the roles entail, please contact our Nominating Committee via Kelly Schmidt (email@example.com) or Janine Guasco (firstname.lastname@example.org).
Great events can't happen without a great team working to plan them!